Thursday, October 20, 2011

Regrets.

You know that one point in the night where you get all nostalgic and sappy? Making sudden realizations and teary conclusions. I'm in that state right now. In case you don't know, I currently live in Hawaii. (Military Kid). And we're moving to a new place in the states in less than a month. Now, to be honest, I'm not really a fan of the Island itself. It's hot and humid, everyone is tan, the food is...eh. I guess you could say it's just not my cup of tea. I like winter and snow, wearing scarves and drinking coffee, and I'm as pale as a ghost. Did I mention I'm also a Ginger? There aren't many of those here. If I was just looking at the environment, I would be so excited to leave and go to a new place. But it's not that simple.
I met an incredible group of people here, my church family. They are my brothers and sisters, my closest friends, and my mentors. These guys mean so much to me and the thought of leaving them is tearing me apart. I mean, this shouldn't be hard for me, I'm used to moving. I've left people behind with just a teardrop countless times, but they're different.
So you can see how hard this is for me. I'm starting to look back on my time with them and regret. I regret not getting close to certain people. I regret not spending more time with them. I regret not fully opening up. I even regret not serving as much as I could. But what I regret the most, is not showing them how truly loving and grateful I am towards them. They kept me solid and strong, when the world tried to blow me away. They showed me the heart of a ministry and what it truly looks like to serve God. I'm never gonna find a quirky, loud, always late, talented, loving, hilarious, and joyful ministry like them. And that, above all, is what really scares me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so sad and it's always hard to leave people you love behind but I'm sure you'll always have their love! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. Thanks for the comment. (:

    ReplyDelete