Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reason.

I've always been the one to self-diagnose, purely in the figuratively sense. Don't worry guys, I leave all that other stuff to the doctor's. But what I mean is, I know when I'm in a situation and how to get out of or through it. For example, when I'm facing a difficult decision, after a minute or two of thought I immediately know the right choice. However, even though I have this trait, I don't always use it. I often, like many others, choose with my flesh and not my mind. And as I pondered on this topic a little more extensively, I realized that this trait is in us all, we just refuse to listen to it. Common sense tells us how to dodge consequences and pain. God tells us how to seek refuge in him from things in this world that hurt us, yet we seek it in other places. It's a concept that just stares us in the face, and we just choose to ignore it. I feel so incredibly human when I realize that I've been turning my head to the one thing that could bless me the most; the gift of reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment